The British Orthodox Church

within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is Baptism: A few musings.
25-05-2010, 09:54 PM

vrc Wrote:
Quote: I find my prayers are always being interrupted or distracted, and clearly Satan is getting worried!

This is very interesting as I also find recently that every time I sit down to pray, some 'thing', some 'noise' or some disruption/anxiety/event occurs - a horse bolting outside in the field, or someone bashing on the door, sirens on the road, the alarm clock going off - you name it, it happens!!!
:

I was discussing this with Fr. Simon this weekend. Whenever I am saying my prayers there is something more interesting going on, whether I am suddenly fascinated by the fact that a bird whistled 10 minutes before and suddenly wish to hunt for it, or whether someone knocks on my door, there is always something going on. There is no way escape this, endurence in prayer is the only key I think.

To answer the Baptism question, I was baptised at a local baptist church here in Portsmouth, as we do not have the room to do it at the Portsmouth Church. They had a problem heating the pool, so it was a bit chilly.
heres the video of the Baptism. There are a few BOC Baptisms on there now which is good.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5ZRwCHUBZg">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5ZRwCHUBZg</a><!-- m -->

"The true Christian is a warrior making his way through the regiments of the invisible enemy to his heavenly homeland." - St Herman of Alaska.

Messages In This Thread
What is Baptism: A few musings. - DanielM - 24-05-2010, 10:22 PM
[] - Antony-Paul - 25-05-2010, 10:56 AM
[] - vrc - 25-05-2010, 09:34 PM
[] - DanielM - 25-05-2010 09:54 PM
[] - Fr Simon - 26-05-2010, 09:33 AM
[] - vrc - 27-05-2010, 09:03 PM
[] - Antony-Paul - 28-05-2010, 01:21 PM

Twitter: britishorthodox | Contact: info@britishorthodox.org | © The British Orthodox Church 2012 all rights reserved