within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Thank you Father Michael and Abba Seraphim
18-02-2007, 05:03 PM
Signs
Dear Mark,

Indeed it is so.

For me, one of the greatest things it knowing that being within the BOC means knowing that I am being guided aright according to the Holy Tradition of the Church.

Today, for various reasons, going out to Babingley was not possible, so, instead I went to my own University, where there is a Coptic Service at 9.30. I emerged 3 and a half hours later feeling that I had been in the presence of the Holy Spirit. Although parts of the service were in Coptic and Arabic, it didn't matter; a nice young man next to me helped me find my place when I was lost, and I was made so welcome. Fr. Makar, the Coptic priest is yet another of transparent goodness and holiness, and to be in his presence is to feel blessed. As at Babingley, I just came out feeling spiritually nourished and refreshed.

Perhaps it is just the zeal of the new convert (although since I am not a great one for zeal, I doubt it) but there is something very special about the Coptic Church, as about the BOC, and the synergy between the two seems to generate a very good 'energy'.

May you be guided aright, and in His time come safely to harbour.

In Christ,

John

In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. (1 John 4:10)

Messages In This Thread
Spiritual Leadership - John Charmley - 18-02-2007, 03:42 PM
Thanks - Mark Fletcher - 18-02-2007, 04:07 PM
Signs - John Charmley - 18-02-2007 05:03 PM

Twitter: britishorthodox | Contact: info@britishorthodox.org | © The British Orthodox Church 2012 all rights reserved