The British Orthodox Church

within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Requirements for Membership
04-12-2009, 09:04 PM

y Dear Merlina,

I much regret the sorrow and sadness which many Anglicans, including yourself, are currently suffering.

The teaching package on which I have recently commenced work is still some way off yet but I do have a series of lectures (12 in all) on 6 DVDs (2 lectures per DVD) which cover the basics of Orthodox theology, doctrine or belief. While my own efforts are still in preparation and also given the positive feedback I am still receiving from people studying these lectures I would recommend them as a profitable exploration of Orthodox Christian belief. They can be supplemented by additional reading at certain points of extra significance.

I have no idea whereabouts in the county you are nor how close to one of our Churches or missions you may be - but in terms of sending you material such as these DVDs I am more than happy to be of whatever help I can.

My email is: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:fr.simon.smyth@copticmail.com">fr.simon.smyth@copticmail.com</a><!-- e --> - or I believe you can message me direct through this Forum though I am not terribly technological so can't recall exactly how you do this! Either way if you want to give me a name and address where I can send you the study material I will gladly do so.

I am sorry for your pain at this time. I was once an Anglican and didn't enjoy my leaving the Church of England... though back then I had simply no idea of the joys and blessings and riches God was going to shower upon me throughout nearly two decades now in Orthodoxy.

with my prayers,

Simon

Messages In This Thread
Requirements for Membership - Merlina - 02-12-2009, 05:51 PM
[] - Antony-Paul - 04-12-2009, 04:51 PM
[] - Simon - 04-12-2009 09:04 PM
[] - mikethelionheart - 30-12-2009, 05:56 PM

Twitter: britishorthodox | Contact: info@britishorthodox.org | © The British Orthodox Church 2012 all rights reserved