The British Orthodox Church

within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Orthodoxy and Saints
12-06-2007, 09:16 PM
Saints
Dear John Mark,

Indeed. The attitude of some of the Russian Orthodox to Nicholas II is a source of never-ceasing amazement to me. On another forum Peter and I have encountered those who simply refuse to accept that as a monarch he was totally useless; really up there with Charles I - who was, of course, long regarded in the C of E as a martyr!

It would be splendid if more took the view that EO and OO are essentially one - but in ROCOR in particular, you will be fortunate to find many who do - which is a shame, but something one learns to live with.

This can come up especially with someone like St. Severus of Antioch, who some EO have real problems accepting as a Saint; when pressed they usually find it difficult to substantiate their view - falling back on the 'I was taught this'; not, alas, that they always seem willing to be taught differently.

In Christ,

John

In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. (1 John 4:10)

Messages In This Thread
Orthodoxy and Saints - John Mark - 21-05-2007, 01:34 PM
Saints - John Charmley - 22-05-2007, 06:25 AM
[] - John Mark - 25-05-2007, 10:58 AM
Saints - John Charmley - 12-06-2007 09:16 PM

Twitter: britishorthodox | Contact: info@britishorthodox.org | © The British Orthodox Church 2012 all rights reserved