The British Orthodox Church

within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Orthodox Prayer Life
07-03-2007, 05:27 PM
Orthodox Prayer Life
I have just completed a first read through of the late Father Matta El-Meskeen's book entitled 'Orthodox Prayer Life'. I just wanted to say "thank you" for pointing Fellowship members towards this spiritual masterpiece which appears on the Reading List at the back of 'Our Daily Life'.

In my opinion, this book is an absolute treasure, a bottomless resource, illuminating not only the subject of prayer but also the topics of faith, repentance, fasting, tears, the apparent spiritual difficulties which one encounters, and even the vision of, and Union with, God Himself - all in 290 pages. The Holy Spirit speaks powerfully through this important and attractive volume.

Although it's possibly no substitute for Spiritual Direction, it's certainly an invaluable handbook and companion along the Way. If I internalise it prayerfully, and call on the interior help of the Holy Spirit, it will certainly help to keep me on the "straight and narrow" for the whole of my earthly pilgrimage to God.

Thank you so very much.

Messages In This Thread
Orthodox Prayer Life - Mark Fletcher - 07-03-2007 05:27 PM
[] - admin - 07-03-2007, 06:01 PM
[] - Robin Westwood - 07-03-2007, 09:54 PM

Twitter: britishorthodox | Contact: info@britishorthodox.org | © The British Orthodox Church 2012 all rights reserved