The British Orthodox Church

within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New but not
19-11-2013, 10:26 PM
RE: New but not
Dear Mr Hunter,
I have only just received your enquiry - sorry for any delay.

Sadly, the BOC is rather sparse on the ground. I note your travel limitations and where you live, and cannot see an immediate answer to your problem. There are two communities on the south coast, at Bournemouth and Portsmouth, but they would exceed your half-hour fuel limit. One possibility might be Windsor, meeting a short way from the M4.

You would not be alone in being rather a long way from anyone else, this is common in our Church. However, we do manage to meet for worship as often as possible, and we maintain our contact both here on the Forum and through our daily prayers. If this is of interest by all means get back to me and I'll see if I can be more specific in my suggestions.

One final thought: many of our parishes only meet for the Divine Liturgy once a month, so perhaps you could save up some fuel money for a month or two and then join us whenever you are able.

With love and prayers,
Antony-Paul

Messages In This Thread
New but not - JGHunter - 16-11-2013, 07:54 AM
RE: New but not - Antony-Paul - 19-11-2013 10:26 PM

Twitter: britishorthodox | Contact: info@britishorthodox.org | © The British Orthodox Church 2012 all rights reserved