The British Orthodox Church

within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hello from a new member
12-11-2008, 10:22 PM
Hello from a new member
Hello to all members of this forum

My name is Cameron Tyre and I was christened in the Protestant Church of Scotland.

Through studying the transport systems of Serbia as a part of my work, I began to study the history of the country and its people. Through this study I discovered the Orthodox Church which I previously knew nothing of except its name.

I have never felt myself to be a part of the Protestant church that I was christened into yet I have never doubted the facts of the Christian story and have so many questions that I wish to be answered about God and life.

For the last few days I have been reading about the Orthodox Church via the internet and truly believe that at last, at the age of 40, I may have found a church that my personal beliefs fit in with.

I would like to ask for guidance on what sources to study to gain a proper appreciation of the Orthodox Church and its history and the beliefs upheld by it. I offer my appreciation in advance for any guidance or assistance offered.

God's blessing upon you all,

Cameron

Scotland, UK

Messages In This Thread
Hello from a new member - ConservateMe - 12-11-2008 10:22 PM
[] - Simon - 13-11-2008, 07:05 PM

Twitter: britishorthodox | Contact: info@britishorthodox.org | © The British Orthodox Church 2012 all rights reserved