The British Orthodox Church

within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Greetings from a new member
31-03-2008, 03:48 PM
Greetings from a new member
I would like to say hello as a new member to both the Fellowship and this Forum.

My name is Robert McBride and I live in Kettering, Northants and I am a newcommer to Orthodoxy so please be patient with me. I am a retired NHS Senior Manager with a long work history as both a Registered Nurse and Manager.

I am also retired from active ministry as a one time Traditional Anglican Priest and laterally within the Old Catholic movement.

I attended the most wonderful service of Consecration yesterday at Stevenage led by H.H. Pope Shenouda. It was probably one of the most spiritually uplifting events I have ever attended (and believe me I have attended a few over the years!). Never before have I seen a congregation give its Spiritual Leader such an awefilled welcome as they led His Holiness into the Cathedral. Having never met the Bishop of Rome myself I believe yesterday must compare to any Audience given in St Mark's Square.

Whilst at Stevenage I also met with Aba Seraphim and a number of BOC clergy and laity and enjoyed a warm and friendly welcome once I had made my introductions. I hope to travel and join with congregations from Norfolk to Gloucestershire and hopefully beyond.

I look forward to joining in future debates on this Forum as well.

Blessings,

Robert+

"Lord, Support us all the day long of this troublous life". (J.H.Newman).

Messages In This Thread
Greetings from a new member - Robert McBride - 31-03-2008 03:48 PM
Welcome here - John Charmley - 31-03-2008, 04:44 PM
[] - Robin Westwood - 31-03-2008, 07:30 PM
[] - Robert McBride - 01-04-2008, 12:30 AM

Twitter: britishorthodox | Contact: info@britishorthodox.org | © The British Orthodox Church 2012 all rights reserved