Welcome to The British Orthodox Church website
The British Orthodox Church is a small Orthodox jurisdiction, canonically part of the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate of Alexandria. Our mission is to the people of the British Isles, and though we are completely Orthodox in our faith and practice we remain British in our ethos and in our appreciation of the Orthodox heritage of these islands.
The British Orthodox Church was originally established in 1866 when a Frenchman, Jules Ferrette, was consecrated as a bishop by the Syrian Orthodox Church with the purpose of re-establishing Orthodoxy to the West.
Discover the Orthodox Faith for yourself
The mission of the British Orthodox Church within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate is to share the good news of the Orthodox Faith with British people in their own culture.
We have launched the British Orthodox Fellowship, so that our many friends and enquirers can join a community supported by the life of the British Orthodox Church.
Our aim is to help British people discover that they can be authentically and canonically Orthodox while remaining genuinely British. But we also warmly welcome all who wish to worship and learn with us, whatever their culture.
Our publications are available to all from our publishers website. Click on the book cover or title to order a copy.
- 12 December 2013
- Evening Prayer & Discussion: Shadwell7.30pm Evening Prayer
7.45pm Talk and discussion
- 14 December 2013
- Morning Incense & Divine Liturgy: PortsmouthMorning Incense & Divine Liturgy 10am
- 15 December 2013
- Morning Prayer: BournemouthMorning Prayer: 9.30am
- Raising of Incense & Divine Liturgy: DoncasterRaising of Incense – 9:45am
Divine Liturgy – 10:30am
- Southampton: Morning PrayerMorning Prayer (10.00) (Holy Trinity Church)
- Raising of Incense and Liturgy: ChathamRaising of Incense: 10:00 am
Divine Liturgy: 10:30 am
- Raising of Incense & Divine Liturgy: Babingley10.30 a.m. Morning Incense
11.30 a.m. Divine Liturgy